April 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::
We're having typical San Diego May Gray. Only problem I have with that is that it's still April.

On my reading pile:::  
I think I'm still reading The Last Unicorn, but I don't remember the last time I actually sat down to read.

On my TV:::
Maybe Leave It To Beaver. I have a theory: If kids go bad because they play violent video games and see sex on TV, then if I show my kids wholesome old sitcoms, they will grow up to be just like those characters. Of course I would give them guidance when it comes to characters like Eddie Haskell.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday- Lentils with Sausage
Tuesday- Hamburger Helper
Wednesday- Anthony's birthday party at Grammy's
Thursday- Roasted Chicken and Kasha
Friday- Fish Sticks and Tater Tots
Saturday- Chicken Tomatillo Casserole
Sunday- Quicky Mexican Casserole

On my to do list:::
I have about two months left until Baby, so its time to start nesting. First I have to do the regular stuff like dishes and laundry. Then I will check out FlyLady to see if she has any guidance in preparing for a new family member.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on the Pooh latch hook kit. Just a few rows to go and I will have completed a twelve year project!

Looking around the house:::
Messy! I take boxes to Goodwill once or twice a month but I still have junk coming out of my ears. I'm going to secretly throw a bunch of stuff out when certain family members aren't home.

From the camera:::
I was hoping to have a photo of my finished Pooh project this week, but I have five more rows to go. Next week, I promise!

Something fun to share::: 
Hubby and I are going on a weekend getaway. We don't have the time or money to go somewhere far, so to make it seem like its farther, we are taking a train. It will take us twice as long as if we were to drive so we can pretend we got twice as far away!

1 comment:

  1. I'm constantly getting rid of stuff in my house, and it seems there's always more.

    Hope you're having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete