December 21, 2011

I took my baby (not a baby) to the hospital early this morning for an MRI. The MRI part isn't bad, but because he is only 2 1/2, he can't be still for the hour that the procedure takes. So he was put under general anesthesia. If you have never experienced that with a child, hopefully you will never have to. Its not fun to see your baby stare at you but not see you.
But that is all over, and now I have a regular toddler that will not take a nap. We were up at 4:30 to get to the hospital, and he was only asleep for the procedure for a little over an hour. By my calculations, he should be napping peacefully now. Instead, my mother played with him while I took a nap. And since I've been awake, he has torn up Grammy's house and tormented his brother with gusto. I guess kids are tougher than their parents sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment