May 28, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::
A nice, clear day. The weather has been great.

On my reading pile:::  
Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great. I read it when I was 10 (and 11 and 12 and...) Anthony just discovered it in his bookcase and we have been reading it together.

On my TV:::
Since everyone is home today, we will watch Super Why with Bobby.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday- Ham and Broccoli Chowder
Tuesday- Meatloaf
Wednesday- Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Thursday- Hamburger Helper
Friday- Fish Sticks and Tater Tots
Saturday- Chinese Chicken Salad
Sunday- Chicken Cacciatore

On my to do list:::
Grocery shopping
A little heavy cleaning since Hubby is home to help

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I finished coloring the panels of my shrinky-dink lampshade, but one of them curled up during shrinking. I've begun assembling the shade, but I need to buy more plastic for the piece that didn't make it. I should also probably figure out how to get the shade on a lamp.

Looking around the house:::
Its quiet this morning because everyone is sleeping in. My kitty is curled up and purring loudly on the floor next to me. Bobby obviously played in the living room this weekend because there are things I didn't even know we owned scattered all over.

From the camera:::
Once again, no pictures because I put my camera away. I guess its okay for the camera to live someplace out in the open.

Something fun to share::: 
I'm having so much fun with my Shrinky Dinks. You can make it a simple afternoon project or get creative and make something much more complex. You don't have to buy a Shrinky Dink set either. The plastic is available in sheets at craft stores, and you can color them with markers, colored pencils, or even paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment