February 20, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather:::
The sky is grey but the sun is out. We'll see who wins, the sun or the clouds.

On my reading pile:::  
Interior Desecrations by James Lileks. A picture book for grownups. There should be more of these.

On my TV:::
Jeopardy

On the menu for this week:::
Monday- Lentil Soup
Tuesday- Squid Dogs
Wednesday- Epicurean Beef Casserole
Thursday- Yum Yum Chicken and Rice
Friday- Cabbage and Sausage
Saturday- Tater Tot Hot Dish
Sunday- Ham and Swiss Pie

On my to do list:::
housework :(

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Merit badges on my son's boy scout uniform

Looking around the house:::
Clutter everywhere! A two year old tornado struck this weekend. And an eleven year old tornado. But somehow the tornados cut down all the overgrown weeds in the yard. 

From the camera:::
My son gave me this plant after earning his gardening merit badge.



Something fun to share::: 
If you enjoy chess get (or make) a magnetic set for the fridge. I make a move when I notice its my turn, and then I have to wait until my son notices its his turn. Our first game started in the first week of January, and I just might win it.

4 comments:

  1. Squid dogs? I can honestly say I have never heard of that, but I love squid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not real squid, but check out today's post to find out more!

      Delete
  2. Me too. What are squid dogs and do your children like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the squid dogs hot dogs with spaghetti in them? If so my kids love those.

    The plant is beautiful!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete