January 21, 2012

Satisfying Saturday

This morning I woke up to rain. For some people, rainy days are a bummer. But being born and raised in San Diego gives a person a different perspective. We get maybe ten rainy days a year, and when they come on a Saturday when you don't have any place to go, they are really special.

We spent the morning cooking breakfast and watching our favorite cartoons on PBS (anyone else a fan of Super Why?). We're still in our pajamas, and there is no stress to get going and do stuff. I suppose we will get dressed eventually, but why mess with a good thing? The boys aren't fighting, and we are all relaxed.

When I'm done blogging, I will get out a cookbook and plan the menu for the week. I'm sure something in the slow cooker would be delicious for tonight. I love coming downstairs at about two in the afternoon and smelling dinner already simmering. It makes me look forward to dinner, and I also get to enjoy the warm smells for hours.

The only thing that concerns me is that I might get sucked into some urban spelunking or dead mall blog and not turn off the computer until mid afternoon. But sometimes you have to let yourself enjoy the things that interest you. We have no plans, so I plan to do whatever I want. What's on your agenda this Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment