January 10, 2012

January Blahs

 Our house has been hit with stuffy nose syndrome. I could feel it coming on this weekend, and on Monday, I spent most of the day laying on the couch. I enjoyed getting back on track last week, but this Monday I was useless. Now the baby has it so bad that I kept him home from preschool today. The poor guy snored all night long, and can barely eat because he can't breathe through his nose. So much for getting work done today. Hubby has it but managed to get to work this morning. The only one who doesn't have it is my 11 year old, Anthony. He is hanging in there and helping me to take care of the little one.

My goals for the day: serve lunch, get Anthony to school, serve dinner. Everything else will have to wait. Someone commented on my last post and said that I shouldn't be so hard on myself when I don't live up to my expectations. That person is right. In the past when I got sick, I kept on truckin'. I would still go to work, still run errands, and still worry about dust bunnies. My sniffles would turn into major sinus congestion, then a sore throat, then chest congestion, then three weeks of exhaustion. This time I lost one day laying on the couch, and if I take it easy today, I can foresee being back to normal by tomorrow or the next day. Three days of doing nothing is better than three weeks of doing everything poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment